On our 2.5Ha property, we cater to “bush events” like a family or group get together, Christmas party, a bush wedding, a well-being festival, a yoga workshop, etc. All self-catered (hired catering can be arranged). Very private, very comfortable and lots of fun! The whole place can be at your disposal!
There is also a licensed club on the border of the Base Camp that can host activities or you can BYO. There is even a country hall (with stage) within the vicinity that is available for your wedding reception or event at a small hire. Just give us a call to discuss the style of activity you want to do! Some of the many features available include…
- Jimna is surrounded by wilderness
- Kilometers of bush trails to hike/bike/4WD
- There are magnificent ancient gorges to explore and abseil
- Creeks for fishing where you won’t see a soul (maybe a platypus)
- Night skies lit with the brilliance of the stars
- Old mills and old gold mines to observe and discover
- Large recreation building with self-contained facilities
- Camping (flat sites) with hot showers
- Potable water
- Fully self-contained 4 bedroom house for the comfort seekers
- Tennis/basketball court – gear provided
- Oval with cricket pitch
- Bushwalks and 4WD trails
- Firepit for cold nights, native animals, TV, movies, books, and games
- Children’s playground, sandpit and exploratory bush tracks
- Fenced property
The Base Camp is very special – and offers you many options. From the big family get-together to the interest groups or the conference or retreat – it can all happen here! A great “get away from it all” located not so far from Queensland’s capital city. Stay for a day – a weekend – or as long as you need. Camping with hot showers, a large fitted out multi-purpose recreational facility, comfy fsc house, oval/tennis & basketball court, firepit and kids playground and sandpit. And it is all fenced for safety. Great activity venue or a wonderful place to retreat and relax or rediscover yourself with the refreshing mountain air and natural bush. It is a “do-it-yourself” facility but catering can be supplied and there is a small licensed sporting club at the rear of the oval.
The Principal’s House
This is a fully self-contained and all linen is provided and is for the comfort seekers. Just BYO food and drinks.